In-Class COVID-19 Processes
1. All students will continue to have their own desks spaced two metres apart.
2. We encourage all students to wash their hands as they enter the building, and/or use hand sanitizer.
3. Wearing a mask is is not required by provincial or city health orders. Any student wishing to wear a mask is welcome to do so.
4. As health information is protected private information in Canada, we will not be requiring immunization information from students.
5. Any student who is ill or showing any symptoms for COVID-19cannot attend the class for that weekend, and must get tested and receive a negative result before they come back. We will set up that student to attend remotely while they are waiting for their results so they don’t miss any class time.
What if the class is cancelled due to COVID-19?
In the event that restrictions are in place that do not allow us to operate, we will either be re-booking to the next available dates at our location, or we will be transferring students to our next already scheduled course date. We will be in contact with students to let them know new dates as we know them.
Online courses are running as normal due to the inherent remote nature of online learning.
How can I take the exam during the closures?
Students have the option to wait for one of our sittings (they occur twice a year, in spring and autumn). These are currently operating at limited capacity, and we may not have room for all online students who are interested at a sitting. Seats are provided on a first come, first serve basis. We will compile a waiting list should one of the students who asked to write is unable to attend.
Some locations are in the process of opening back up, and we will work with the student to help find a location in your area to have the exam invigilated. However, some students may have to wait until a location in their area is open again in order to be able to take the exam.
Please note: if a third-party location is requiring you to be either immunized, or provide a private rapid test, this will be something you will have to work out with that business. As we are not involved with the operation of third-party invigilator/proctor services, we cannot intervene with another business’ processes.